Social Network Analysis, Sociological Processes of Health and Illness, Diffusion Dynamics of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Health and Lives of Older People in an Aging Society
2000 Ph.D., Sociology, University of Chicago, USA
1990 M.A., Business Administration, Yonsei University, South Korea
1987 B.A., Business Administration, Yonsei University, South Korea
2014 - present Professor of Sociology, Yonsei University, South Korea
2009 - 2014 Associate Professor of Sociology, Yonsei University, South Korea
2005 - 2009 Assistant Professor of Sociology, Yonsei University, South Korea
2000 - 2005 Assistant Professor of Sociology, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
2005 - 2014 Affiliated Professor of Sociology, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
2000 - 2014 Research Specialist at the Institute for Health Research and Policy, USA
- Kwak, S., Joo, W.T., Youm, Y. and Chey, J., (2018). Social brain volume is associated with in-degree social network size among older adults. Proc. R. Soc. B, 285(1871), p.20172708.
- Joo, W. T., Kwak, S., Youm, Y., & Chey, J. (2017). Brain functional connectivity difference in the complete network of an entire village: the role of social network size and embeddedness. Scientific Reports,7.
- Youm, Y., & Yamaguchi, K. (2016). A Comparison of the Determinants of Low Marital Fertility between Korea and Japan. Korean Journal of Sociology, 50(3), 23-43.
- Youm, Y., & Lee, B. (2016). A network approach to economic models of fertility. Rationality and Society, 28(4), 386-409.
- Youm, Yoosik, and Edward O. Laumann. (2003). "The effect of structural embeddedness on the division of household labor: A game-theoretic model using a network approach." Rationality and Society. 15(2): 243 – 280.
- Youm Y., Laumann E.O., Lee K. (2018) Changes of Personal Network Configuration Over the Life Course in the USA: A Latent Class Approach. In: Alwin D., Felmlee D., Kreager D. (eds) Social Networks and the Life Course. Frontiers in Sociology and Social Research, vol 2. Springer, Cham
- Youm, Y. (2005). Household behavior and family economics. Encyclopedia of Social Measurements, 243-248.
- Laumann, E. O., Ellingson, S. E., Mahay, J. E., Paik, A. E., & Youm, Y. E. (2004).The sexual organization of the city. University of Chicago Press.
- Laumann, Edward. O. and Yoosik Youm. (1999). "Race/ethnic group differences in the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases in the United States: A Network Explanation." Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Vol 26. No 5: 250-61.