This project will monitor and analyse the macro-economy for its two year duration as it changes dynamically under the effect of COVID-19, using the methods of CHPCA and the latest Network Science developed by the members of this project.
The situation will develop under the spread and changes in convergence (hopefully) of COVID-19 and the associated development of economic policy. This project will undertake empirical analysis to provide scientific understanding, clarifying the effects of policies and present ideal policies for the future.
In order to do so, a deeper understanding of the macro-economy is a must. For this purpose, this project will carry out studies on the following five research topics:
1. Estimate of COVID-19 influence based on simulation on supply-chain data
2. COVID-19 and the macro-economy: Spread and convergence
3. Creation of economic indicators and estimate of spreading effects based on complex analysis of multiple datasets.
4. Proposal of international investment input-output table
5. Dynamics of the settlement network of deposits and withdrawals in a monetary institution
October 12, 2020 - September 30, 2022
Major Research Results
RIETI Discussion Papers
"Dual Labor Market and the 'Phillips Curve Puzzle'" (AOYAMA Hideaki, Corrado DI GUILMI, FUJIWARA Yoshi and YOSHIKAWA Hiroshi)
"Money Flow Network Among Firms' Accounts in a Regional Bank of Japan" (FUJIWARA Yoshi, INOUE Hiroyasu, YAMAGUCHI Takayuki, AOYAMA Hideaki, TANAKA Takuma and KIKUCHI Kentaro)