Important notice of data errors
We apologize errors were discovered in the previously released RIETI-TID data as follows.
Corrections have been made in the current release, RIETI-TID2019.
- In RIETI-TID 2017 and 2018, Taiwan data was counted in both categories "Country and region" and "Rest of the World (RoW)." When data including RoW were totaled, the results became larger due to the double-count.
- RoW data for year 2016 was missing from RIETI-TID 2016 to 2018, causing aggregations involving RoW year 2016 data to be smaller than the actual figures.
RIETI-TID search function: End of use
We have ended the use of RIETI-TID search function as of March 2021 due to difficulties in fulfilling security requirements. For those who were familiar with and have used the search function, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, RIETI-TID data is now available for download per year, as many have requested.
The RIETI Trade Industry Database (RIETI-TID) is based on the United Nations Comtrade and classifies all trade goods based on the integrated broad categories of the Japanese Input-Output table, and further organizes them by production process for each industry. In creating this database, we have focused on industries with active trade transactions within the region in order to understand the manufacturing activities in East Asia.
RIETI-TID 2019 introduces data under HS classification in addition to data under SITC classification.
RIETI-TID2019: SITC classification data and HS classification data
|RIETI-TID2019 (SITC Classification)||RIETI-TID2019 (HS Classification)|
|Classification Table of Trade Goods by Production (SITC)||Classification Table of Trade Goods by Production (HS)|
|Year||SITC classification data||HS classification data|
Notes on using the database
- Data on this site are data available at the time the data was obtained. Discrepancies may occur if data of certain countries are missing at the time of acquisition and/or if compared with data reacquired at a different point in time.
- Data for certain countries and/or regions are acquired differently. Discrepancies may occur when the total of these countries and/or regions is compared to that of the original source.
- RIETI-TID is classified and organized in a unique way that may not match data categorized differently.
- RIETI-TID is not intended for the purpose of comparing trends over time.
- We ask you to read and agree to our site policy before using RIETI-TID. By using RIETI-TID, you agree to the terms and conditions described in our site policy as stipulated in the link below.
- Please credit RIETI-TID when using the database.
It would be appreciated if you could send us a copy of your research findings upon publication.
Quantitative Analysis and Database Group