The RIETI Trade Industry Database (RIETI-TID) is based on the United Nations Comtrade and classifies all trade goods based on the integrated broad categories of the Japanese Input-Output table, and further organizes them by production process for each industry. In creating this database, we have focused on industries with active trade transactions within the region in order to understand the manufacturing activities in East Asia.
HS classification data was introduced in RIETI-TID2019 in addition to the SITC classification data.
RIETI-TID2020: SITC classification data and HS classification data
|RIETI-TID2020 (SITC Classification)||RIETI-TID2020 (HS Classification)|
|Classification Table of Trade Goods by Production (SITC)||Classification Table of Trade Goods by Production (HS)|
|Year||SITC classification data||HS classification data|
|2020||Download New||Download New|
|2019||Download New||Download New||2018||Download||Download|
Notes on using the database
- Corrections have been made to the total number of records in RIETI-TID (HS Classification) data, amounting to an increase from 215,859 in RIETI-TID2019 and before to 215,905 in RIETI-TID2020. This is a result of including "blank" data which were not recorded in the past. No change will occur to the previously released figures due to this.
- Data on this site are data available at the time the data was obtained from UN Comtrade. Discrepancies may occur if data of certain countries are missing at the time of acquisition and/or if (retroactively) compared with data reacquired at a different point in time. Therefore, data up to one year prior of the latest year are updated and published as final data together with the release of the data from the latest year.
- Data for certain countries and/or regions are acquired differently. Discrepancies may occur when the total of these countries and/or regions is compared to that of the original source.
- RIETI-TID is classified and organized in a unique way that may not match differently categorized data.
- RIETI-TID is not intended for the purpose of comparing trends over time.
- Errors were discovered in the previously released RIETI-TID data as follows. Corrections were made in RIETI-TID2019.
- In RIETI-TID 2017 and 2018, Taiwan data was counted in both categories "Country and region" and "Rest of the World (RoW)." When data including RoW were totaled, the results became larger due to the double-count.
- RoW data for year 2016 was missing from RIETI-TID 2016 to 2018, causing aggregations involving RoW year 2016 data to be smaller than the actual figures.
- We have ended the use of the RIETI-TID search function as of March 2021.
- We ask you to read and agree to our site policy before using RIETI-TID. By using RIETI-TID, you agree to the terms and conditions described in our site policy as stipulated in the link below.
- Please credit RIETI-TID when using the database.
It would be appreciated if you could send us a copy of your research findings upon publication.
Quantitative Analysis and Database Group