1. What practices are causing gender disparities?
2. What impact do interpersonal skills training or transfers within organizations have on productivity and innovation?
3. How does personality affect the mental health of workers?
4. How much and in what way can process rationalization through visualizing business flows affect productivity?
5. How do managers affect their teams' productivity?
6. What effects do placements of senior employees under the continuous employment system have on them and their colleagues?
7. How does quitting smoking affect the productivity and satisfaction of workers and colleagues?
8. How do nutritious food and exercise affect workers' health and productivity?
9. What is the relationship between management and human capital in Japanese sake breweries and their innovation?
These studies would provide further insight into the relationship between differences in management and differences in productivity, the causes of gender disparities, the value of non-cognitive ability in the labor market, and peer effects in the workplace. We also discuss what labor policies are effective and what policy incentives will encourage firms to adopt them.
July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2021