1. What practices are causing gender disparities?
2. What impact do interpersonal skills training or transfers within organization have on productivity and innovation?
3. How workers’ personality affect their mental health?
4. How much and in what way can process rationalization through visualizing business flows affect productivity?
5. How do managers affect their teams' productivity?
6. What effect do placements of senior employees under the continuous employment system have on them and their colleagues?
7. How does quitting smoking affect the productivity and satisfaction of workers and colleagues?
8. How do better food content and more exercise affect workers' health and productivity?
9. What is the relationship between management and human capital of sake breweries and their innovation?
10. What kind of working style reforms have been done at Japanese firms and what are their effects?
11. How do workers’ working schedule characteristics and supervisors’ behavioral characteristics affect workers' mental health?
12. Whether workers who voluntarily move to other positions internally perform better than those who are transferred by fiat?
13. What is the overall effect of expatriate staffing, and what conditions influence the effectiveness of knowledge transfer from the parent company in multinational corporations?
These studies would lead to more insights into the relationship between differences in management and productivity differences, the causes of gender disparities, the value of non-cognitive ability in the labor market, and peer effects in the workplace. We also discuss what labor policies are effective and what policy incentives need to be offered to encourage firms to adopt them.
July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2021