The Difficult Road to "Peaceful Development"
- Fulfilling International Responsibilities and Promises -
- Political Reform Needs to Be Actively Promoted -
Chi Hung KWAN
Consulting Fellow, RIETI
- The "China's responsibility" argument has prompted a major shift in US policy toward China
- Beijing has its own views on the extent of China's "international responsibilities"
- A gap exists between "Chinese characteristics" and "universal values"
>> read more [PDF] (link to Japan Center for Economic Research)
April 8, 2011 Nihon Keizai Shimbun
May 23, 2011
Article(s) by this author
China's Economy to Slow Down in 2022
—The Prospects of the Housing Market and COVID Control in the Spotlight
March 10, 2022［China in Transition］
China Aims for "Common Prosperity"
—Increasing rural incomes and secondary distribution reform as the key
March 8, 2022［China in Transition］
January 17, 2022［China in Transition］
October 6, 2021［China in Transition］
Challenges for the Chinese Economy as Viewed through the 2020 Population Census
—Focusing on a Declining Labor Force and Inter-Regional Migration
July 20, 2021［China in Transition］