The Difficult Road to "Peaceful Development"
- Fulfilling International Responsibilities and Promises -
- Political Reform Needs to Be Actively Promoted -
Chi Hung KWAN
Consulting Fellow, RIETI
- The "China's responsibility" argument has prompted a major shift in US policy toward China
- Beijing has its own views on the extent of China's "international responsibilities"
- A gap exists between "Chinese characteristics" and "universal values"
>> read more [PDF] (link to Japan Center for Economic Research)
April 8, 2011 Nihon Keizai Shimbun
May 23, 2011
Article(s) by this author
October 10, 2019［China in Transition］
September 19, 2019［China in Transition］
U.S.-China Trade Friction Casting a Shadow over the Chinese Economy—Impact on the supply side becoming a matter of concern
April 2, 2019［China in Transition］
December 4, 2018［China in Transition］
Chinese Economy Slowing Down amid Intensifying U.S.-China Trade Dispute: Reform and opening-up should come before economic stimulus
October 19, 2018［China in Transition］