Spatial Economics, Development Economics, Labor Economics, Applied Econometrics (Microeconometrics, Spatial Econometrics, Bayesian Econometrics)
- RIETI Data Management Project (April 1, 2015 -)
2014 Ph.D., Economics, Kobe University
2010 M.A., Economics, Kobe University
2007 B.A., Foreign Studies, Nanzan University
2014 Junior Research Fellow, RIEB, Kobe University
2014 Fellow, RIETI
Selected Publications and Papers
- "Sourcing patterns of export-platform foreign affiliates: The case of Japanese affiliates in Mexico," The World Economy, Forthcoming.
- "Hot and cold spot analysis using Stata," Stata Journal, 16(3), pp. 613-631, 2016.
- "Spatial persistence of Japanese unemployment rates," Japan and the World Economy, 36, pp. 113-122, 2015.
- "Migration response to high unemployment rates: Spatial econometric analysis using Japanese municipal data," Journal of the Japan Statistical Society (Japanese Journal), 45(1), pp. 69-98, 2015.
- "Interregional labour migration and real wage disparities: Evidence from Japan," Papers in Regional Science, 94(1), pp. 67-87, 2015. (with Toshihiro Okubo).
Membership of Academic Societies
Applied Regional Science Conference, Japanese Economic Association, Japan Society of International Economics, Regional Science Association International, Western Regional Science Association
2014 Kanematsu Fellowship (Nishijima Prize)
2012 - 2013 Mexican Government Scholarships
2008 - 2009 Japan-Mexico Trainee and Student Exchange Program