International Economics, Development Economics, Japanese Economy, Applied Microeconometrics
- Research on Global Inter-firm Networks and Related Policies (July 10, 2017 - June 30, 2019)
- Firms' Domestic and International Networks (August 3, 2015 - January 31, 2017)
- Empirical Analysis on Determinants and Impacts of the Formation of Firm Networks (July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2015)
- Study of the Creation of the Japanese Economy and Trade and Direct Investment (May 10, 2011 - March 31, 2013)
- Study on International Trade and Firms (September 2, 2008 - March 31, 2011)
2000 Ph.D., Economics, Stanford University
1995 M. A., Food Research, Stanford University
1991 B. A., Asian Studies, the University of Tokyo
2014 - present Professor, Faculty of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University
2010 - 2014 Professor, Department of International Studies, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, the University of Tokyo
2007 - 2010 Associate Professor, Department of International Studies, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, the University of Tokyo
2005 - 2007 Associate Professor, School of International Politics, Economics, and Business, Aoyama Gakuin University
2001 - 2005 Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Tokyo Metropolitan University
2000 - 2001 Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Southern Illinois University
Selected Publications and Papers
- Todo, Yasuyuki, Petr Matous, and Hiroyasu Inoue, "The Strength of Long Ties and the Weakness of Strong Ties: Knowledge Diffusion through Supply Chain Networks," Research Policy, 45(9), 1890-1906, 2016.
- Todo, Yasuyuki, Kentaro Nakajima, and Petr Matous, "How Do Supply Chain Networks Affect the Resilience of Firms to Natural Disasters? Evidence from the Great East Japan Earthquake," Journal of Regional Science, 55(2), 209-229, 2015.
- Todo, Yasuyuki, "Quantitative Evaluation of Determinants of Export and FDI: Firm-Level Evidence from Japan," The World Economy, 34(3), pp. 355-381, 2011.
- Todo, Yasuyuki, "Impacts of Aid-Funded Technical Assistance Programs: Firm-Level Evidence from the Indonesian Foundry Industry," World Development, 39(3), pp. 351-362, 2011.
- Hijzen, Alexander, Tomohiko Inui, and Yasuyuki Todo, "Does Offshoring Pay? Firm-Level Evidence from Japan," Economic Inquiry, 48(4), pp. 880-895, 2010.
- Shimizutani, Satoshi and Yasuyuki Todo, "What Determines Overseas R&D Activities? The Case of Japanese Multinational Firms," Research Policy, 37(3), pp. 530-544, 2008.
- Todo, Yasuyuki and Koji Miyamoto, "Knowledge Spillovers from Multinational Enterprises and the Role of R&D Activities: Evidence from Indonesia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, 55(1), pp. 173-200, 2006.