Entrepreneurship and Small Business; Business Economics
- Creation and Development of High-tech Startups (October 10, 2017 - September 30, 2019)
1999 Ph.D. in Economics, University of Tsukuba
1995 Master of Management Science, University of Tsukuba
1988 Bachelor of Engineering, Kobe University
2007 Professor, Faculty of Commerce, Chuo University
2001 Associate Professor, Faculty of Commerce, Chuo University
2000 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Commerce, Chuo University
Selected Publications and Papers
- Honjo, Y. (ed.) Competition, Innovation, and Growth in Japan. Springer, 2017.
- "Entrepreneurial human capital and the survival of new firms in high- and low-tech sectors," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 25, 9259–57, 2015(with Kato, M.)
- "Why are entrepreneurship levels so low in Japan?" Japan and the World Economy, 36, 88–101, 2015.
- "Does founders' human capital matter for innovation? Evidence from Japanese start-ups," Journal of Small Business Management, 53, 114–128, 2015 (with Kato, M., Okamuro, H.)
- "R&D investment of start-up firms: Does founders' human capital matter?" Small Business Economics, 42, 207–220, 2014 (with Kato, M., Okamuro, H.)
- "Determinants of R&D cooperation in Japanese start-ups," Research Policy, 40, 728–738, 2011 (with Okamuro, H., Kato, M.)