Entrepreneurship and Small Business; Business Economics
1999 Ph.D. in Economics, University of Tsukuba
1995 Master of Management Science, University of Tsukuba
1988 Bachelor of Engineering, Kobe University
2007 Professor, Faculty of Commerce, Chuo University
2001 Associate Professor, Faculty of Commerce, Chuo University
2000 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Commerce, Chuo University
Selected Publications and Papers
- Honjo, Y. (ed.) Competition, Innovation, and Growth in Japan. Springer, 2017.
- "Public or perish? From founding to initial public offering," Review of Managerial Science, (forthcoming).
- "Petty cash from parents: Provision of liquidity to spin-offs by trade credit channel," Journal of Small Business Management, (forthcoming) (with Yamada, K.).
- "The link between entrepreneurship and informal investment: An international comparison," Japan and the World Economy, 101012, 2020 (with Nakamura, H.).
- "Do initial financial conditions determine the exit routes of start-up firms?" Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 29, 1119-1147, 2019 (with Kato, M.).
- "Initial public offering and financing of biotechnology start-ups: Evidence from Japan," Research Policy, 47, 180-193, 2018 (with Nagaoka, S.).