*The deadline for paper submission has passed.
1. Background and Purpose
In Japan, the population is aging at the fastest pace in the world. In order to establish a sustainable social security system, it is indispensable to construct a policy infrastructure by accumulating evidence based on high-quality micro-data on the diverse aspects of the lives of elderly people. As an important part of this process, Japanese Economic Review (JER) is very pleased to announce a special issue on the economics of aging. We invite the submission of original research contributions covering all aspects, broadly defined, of the economics of aging using the Japanese Study on Aging and Retirement (JSTAR) and/or other family surveys such as:
- Health and Retirement Study (HRS)
- English Longitudinal Survey on Ageing (ELSA)
- Survey on Health, Aging and Retirement in Europe (SHARE)
- Korean Longitudinal Study of Aging (KLoSA)
- Chinese Health and Retirement Survey (CHARLS)
- Longitudinal Aging Study in India (LASI)
Priority will be given to studies using JSTAR data.
3. How to submit your papers
By the end of October 15, 2014 (GMT)