International Trade, Chinese Economy, Applied Microeconometrics
- Empirical Studies on Crises and Issues in Global Supply Chains (February 15, 2021 - July 31, 2023)
- Studies on the Impact of Uncertainty and Structural Change in Overseas Markets on Japanese Firms (November 5, 2018 - October 31, 2020)
- Studies on Firm Management and Internationalization under the Growing Fluidity of the Japanese Economy (June 20, 2016 - May 31, 2018)
- RIETI Data Management Project (April 1, 2015 -)
2013 Ph.D., Economics, Kyoto University
2010 M.A., Economics, Kyoto University
2008 B.A., Business Administration, Kwansei Gakuin University
1998 B.A., Foreign Languages, Qingdao Ocean University
2016 July - September Visiting Scholar, Asian Development Bank
2014 - 2015 Lecturer, School of Economics, Senshu University
2014 - 2015 Lecturer, School of Political Science and Economics, Tokai University
2013 - Present Fellow, RIETI
2011 - 2013 Research Assistant, RIETI
2010 - 2013 Research Assistant, Institute of Economic Research, Kyoto University
2000 - 2002 Tomen Corporation, Qingdao Office
1998 - 2000 Uno Corporation, Qingdao Office
Selected Publications and Papers
- "The US-China Trade War: Implications for Japan’s Global Value Chains," in Geopolitics, Supply Chains, and International Relations in East Asia, Etel Solingen (eds.), Cambridge University Press, May 2021.
- "The Impact of COVID-19 on Global Production Networks: Evidence from Japanese Multinational Firms," Covid Economics, March 2021, Issue 72, 26-67.
- "Networks of Foreign Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Micro-Data," The World Economy, July 2020, Vol. 43, 1841-1867. (with Dorothée Rouzet and Francesca Spinelli)
- "The Margins of Intermediate Goods Trade: Theory and Evidence," The International Economy, Special Issue in Memory of Michihiro Ohyama and Makoto Ikema, 2020, Vol. 23, 105-144. (with Tomohiro Ara)
- "Understanding the International Mobility of Chinese Temporary Workers," The World Economy, March 2019, Vol. 42, 738-758.
- "Political Connections and Antidumping Investigations: Evidence from China," China Economic Review, August 2018, Vol. 50, 34-41.
- "Markups and Exporting Behaviors of Foreign Affiliates," Journal of Comparative Economics, August 2017, Vol. 45, 445-455. (with Lianming Zhu)
- "Impacts of the WTO Accession on Chinese Exports," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, May 2016, Vol. 14, 347-364. (with Ryuhei Wakasugi)
- "How Does Agglomeration Promote the Product Innovation of Chinese Firms?" China Economic Review, September 2015, Vol. 35, 105-120.
American Economic Association, Hong Kong Economic Association, The Chinese Economist Society, Japanese Economic Association, Japanese Society of International Economics