Health Economics, Public Economics, Applied Microeconometrics
2007 Ph.D.(Economics), Hitotsubashi University
2004 M.A. (Economics), Hitotsubashi University
2002 B.A. (Economics), Yokohama National University
2018 – Associate Professor, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University
2010 – 2018 Associate Professor, School of Economics, Chukyo University.
2007 – 2010 Assistant Professor, School of Economics, Chukyo University.
2005 – 2007 Research Fellow of the Japan Society for Promotion of Science (DC2), Hitotsubashi University.
Selected Publications and Papers
- Economic Analysis of Health Policy: Evidence and Suggestions from Social Insurance Claims Data, Tokyo: University of Tokyo Press, December 2016 (with Yasushi Iwamoto, Wataru Suzuki, and Ryoko Morozumi, in Japanese).
- Economic Analysis of the Public Finance of the Japanese National Health Insurance System, Tokyo: Keiso Shobo, February, 2018 (in Japanese).
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- "Protective Effects of Health Insurance Against Disasters: An Insight from the Great East Japan Earthquake," Journal of Pension Economics & Finance, Vol21(4), pp.502-518, Cambridge University Press, 2022 (with Jinkook Lee).
- "Health care utilization under a comprehensive public welfare program: Evidence from Japan," Frontiers in Public Health: Health Economics, Vol10: 895679, Frontiers Media S.A, 2022.
- "Childhood Health and Future Outcomes: Evidence from Panel Surveys for the Japanese Population," Japan and the World Economy, Vol.54: 101014, Elsevier, 2020.
- "Medical Assistance System and Inpatient Health Care Provision: Empirical Evidence from Short-term Hospitalization in Japan," PLOS ONE, Vol.13(10): e0204798, 2018.
- "Effects of Informal Caregivers’ Health on Care Recipients," Japanese Economic Review, Vol.67(2), pp.192-210, Wiley, 2016 (with Jinkook Lee).
- "Inefficiencies in the Japanese National Health Insurance System: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Journal of Asian Economics, Vol.42, pp.65-77, Elsevier.
- "The Effect of Habitual Smoking on Labor Productivity," Applied Economics Letters, Vol.18(12), pp.1125-1132, Tayler & Francis, 2011.