Environmental and Resource Economics
2010 Ph.D. Economics, Kyoto University
2007 M.A. Economics, Kyoto University
2005 B.A. Economics, Kyoto University
2023 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University
2019 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University
2014 Researcher, National Institute for Environmental Studies (NIES)
2012 Assistant Professor, Department of International Studies, The University of Tokyo
2011 Research Associate, NIES
2010 Postdoctoral Fellow, NIES
2008 Research Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
Selected Publications and Papers
- "International aspects of waste management: The waste haven effect on global reuse," in Handbook on Waste Management, Thomas C. Kinnaman and Kenji Takeuchi (eds.), Edward Elgar, Ch.8, pp. 216-237, 2014
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- Hide-Fumi Yokoo, Toshi H. Arimura, Mriduchhanda Chattopadhyay, and Hajime Katayama (2023) "Subjective risk belief function in the field: Evidence from cooking fuel choices and health in India" Journal of Development Economics, 103000.
- Mriduchhanda Chattopadhyay, Toshi H. Arimura, Hajime Katayama, Mari Sakudo, and Hide-Fumi Yokoo (2021) "Subjective probabilistic expectations, household air pollution, and health: Evidence from cooking fuel use patterns in West Bengal, India" Resource and Energy Economics, 66, 101262.
- Hide-Fumi Yokoo, Kosuke Kawai and Yuki Higuchi (2018) "Informal recycling and social preferences: Evidence from household survey data in Vietnam" Resource and Energy Economics, 54, pp.109-124.
- "Global Reuse and optimal waste policy," Environment and Development Economics, 18(5), pp. 595-614, 2013 (with Thomas C. Kinnaman).
- "The Environmental Consequences of Global Reuse," American Economic Review: Papers and Proceedings, 101(3), pp. 71-76, 2011 (with Thomas C. Kinnaman).
B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, Canadian Journal of Economics, Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Environmental and Resource Economics, Environment and Development Economics, Resource and Energy Economics, Economic Record, Sustainability Science, Waste Management