Macroeconomics, Household economics, Chinese economy, Labor economies
- Economic Analysis of the Development of the Nursing Care Industry in China and Japan (July 24, 2017 - June 30, 2019)
- A Socioeconomic Analysis of Households in Environments Characterized by Aging Population and Low Birth Rates (September 2, 2014 - August 31, 2016)
2012 Ph.D., Economics, Osaka University
2009 M.A., Economics, Osaka University
2004 B.A., Business Japanese, University of International Business and Economics, Shanghai
2014 - 2015 Part-time Lecturer, Faculty of Economics, Meiji Gakuin University
2013 Visiting Researcher, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University
2013 Fellow, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry
2012-2013 Part-time Lecturer, Department of Economics, Tezukayama University
2011-2013 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS), Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University
2004-2005 Assistant, Shanghai Center of the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
Selected Publications and Papers
- "More Schooling, More Generous? Estimating the Effect of Education on Intergenerational Transfers," (with Junchao Zhang), Asian Economic Journal, Volume 36, Issue 1, 2022, pp.22-46.
- "Widow Discrimination and Family Care-Giving in India: Evidence from Micro Data Collected From Six Major Cities," (with Yoshihiko Kadoya), Journal of Women & Aging, Volume 27, Issue 1, Spring, 2015.
- "Who will care for older people in China? Exploring the implications of gender imbalance at birth" (with Yoshihiko Kadoya), Working with Older People, Issue 18, 2014.
- "Gender Imbalance at Birth and Parents’ Anxiety about Old Age in China," (with Yoshihiko Kadoya), ISER Discussion Paper No.855, 2012
- "The ‘Will’ to Save in China: The Impact of Bequest Motives on the Saving Behavior of Older Households," The Japanese Economy, Fall Issue (2012) pp.99-135
- "Bequest Motives and Retirement Behavior in China," submit to China Economic Review
- "Parent-Child Co-residence and Bequest Motives in China," China Economic Review 21(2010), pp. 521-531
- "Household Savings Rates and Social Benefit Ratios: Country Comparisons," (with Charles Yuji Horioka) in Masahiro Kawai and Gloria O. Pasadilla, eds., Effects of Social Policy on Domestic Demand: Annual Conference 2009 (Tokyo, Japan: Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), November 2010), pp. 63-75
April 2010 - March 2011, The Suntory Foundation for Young Chinese Researchers
*YIN Ting was selected as a recipient of Postdoctoral Fellowship for Foreign Researchers of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) but declined it for taking her current position at RIETI.