International Economics, Labor Economics, Public Economics
2002 Ph.D. in Economics, Johns Hopkins University
1991 B.A. in Economics, Waseda University
2011 Professor, Department of International Politics and Economics, Aoyama Gakuin University
2008 Economist, Anderson Forecast, University of California, Los Angeles
2002 Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, The City University of New York Queens College
Selected Publications and Papers
- Recent Development in Immigration Economics: How Do Our Lives Change Once We Accept Immigrants? Tokyo: Chuokoron-shinsha Inc., 2020.
- What Makes Us Happy? Lessons from Happiness Studies, Tokyo: NHK Publishing, Inc., 2020.
- Intermediate International Economics: Theory and Empirics, Kyoto: Minerva-shobo, 2018.
- A Guide to International Economics 2nd edition, Tokyo: Nippon Hyoron-sha Co. Ltd., 2014.
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- "Do Migration Networks Worsen Trade Deficit? Evidence from the United States and Germany," The World Economy, 2021(forthcoming)
- "Do Migrant and Business Networks Promote International Royalty Receipts? Evidence from the U.S.," Applied Economics Letters 26(9), 2019, pp.759-764.
- "Does Immigration Crowd out Foreign Direct Investment Inflows? Tradeoff Between Contemporaneous FDI-immigration Substitution and Ethnic Network Externalities," Economic Modelling 64, 2017, pp.40-47.
- "How Does Immigration Affect Modes of Foreign Market Access: Trade and FDI?" Applied Economics Letters 24, 2017, pp.1280-1284.
- "Relationships Between International Tourism and Modes of Foreign Market Access," International Economics 152, 2017, pp. 21-25.
- "Japan's Tourism-led Foreign Direct Investment Inflows: An Empirical Study," Economic Modelling 52(B), 2016, pp. 435-441.