2014 Master in Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School
2006 Bachelor of Law, Keio University
2023 Director, Macro Economic Affairs Division and Director, Business Analysis Office, METI
2021 Senior Planning Officer, Secretariat of New Form of Capitalism Realization Headquarters, Cabinet Secretariat
2021 Director, Global Industrial Policy Office, Minister's Secretariat, METI
2020 Director, Economic and Industrial Policy Bureau, METI
2019 Director, Policy Planning and Research Office, Trade Policy Bureau, METI
2018 Visiting Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
Selected Publications and Papers
- "Fiscal Policy Options for Japan" (with Olivier Blanchard), Policy Briefs PB19-7, Peterson Institute for International Economics. May 2019.
- "Abenomics Is Working, Don't Stop Now" (with Joseph Gagnon), Realtime Economic Issues Watch, Peterson Institute for International Economics. December 2018.
- Strategy for Ending the Stagnation, Nikkei Publishing, 2017
- "Does Reserve Accumulation Crowd Out Investment?" (with Carmen Reinhart and Vincent Reinhart), HKS Faculty Research Working Paper Series RWP15-038, July 2015, published as "Does Reserve Accumulation Crowd Out Investment?" (with Carmen Reinhart and Vincent Reinhart), forthcoming in Journal of International Money and Finance.
- "Japan's exorbitant privilege" (with Kenneth Rogoff), RIETI Discussion Paper 14-E-047, published as "Japan's exorbitant privilege" (with Kenneth Rogoff), Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Volume 35, March 2015, Pages 43-61.
- "Crowding Out Redefined: The Role of Reserve Accumulation" (with Carmen M. Reinhart), Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov, pages 1-43, 2013.