Economic Sanctions, Economics and National Security, Strategic Trade Control, Non-proliferation, arms control
2007 M.A. in Regional Studies-East Asia, Harvard University, US
2001 LL.B., University of Tokyo, Japan
2021 - Senior Contributor, Compliance and Capacity Skills International
2019 - Visiting Scholar, Center for Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Research, Waseda University
2016 - 2021 Member, Panel of Experts established pursuant to resolution 1874 (2009), United Nations
2016 Program Manager in Aircraft Project Management Division, Ministry of Defense, Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Agency
2012 - 2016 First Secretary in Political Section, Civilian Defense Attaché, Embassy of Japan in the Republic of Korea
2010 - 2011 Deputy Director, Information and Communication Division, Ministry of Defense
2008 - 2010 Deputy Director, Intelligence Unit, Security Export Control Division, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
2003 - 2004 Assistant Manager of Policy Coordination, National Security and Crisis Management Office, Cabinet Secretariat
2001 - Defense Official, Ministry of Defense, Japan (-2016)
Selected Publications and Papers
- "UN financial sanctions against the Democratic People's Republic of Korea-Challenges and proposal for efficient implementation," S. Yoshimura (ed) United Nations Financial Sanctions, pp.134-149, Routledge, 2021.
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- "Development of Exemption Request Mechanism in UN North Korean Resolutions: Focusing on Humanitarian Assistance" (Original in Japanese), Kokusaiho Kenkyu [Tokyo Review of International Law], Vol 9, March 2021, pp.69-87.
- "Efficacy of UN Sanctions on North Korea: Effectiveness and Challenges" (Original in Japanese) Kokusai Anzenhosho [Journal of International Security], Vol 48, No. 2, September 2020, pp.24-45.
- "Smart Language: How to Address an Inherent Weakness Undermining the Implementation of U.N. Sanctions on North Korea" International Law Studies, Vol 96, 2020.
- 16th Ogino Ginko Prize (2021)
- The Japan Bank Senshin-Ikueikai Scholarship (1997-2000):
- Member, Research Group on Next Generation Nuclear Policy, Canon Institute for Global Studies