New statistics development with utilizing big data
1990 B.A., Economics, Kokugakuin University
2017 - Deputy Director, Research and Analysis Support Office, Research and Statistics Department, METI
2015 - Deputy Director, Public Relations and International Affairs Office, Research and Statistics Department, METI
2014 - Research Officer, National Product Division, Department of National Accounts, Economic and Social Research Institute, Cabinet Office, Japan
2010 - Deputy Director, Economic Analysis Office, Research and Statistics Department, METI
2008 - Deputy Director, Research Office, The Small and Medium Enterprise Agency
2001 - Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
1986 - Ministry of International Trade and Industry
Selected Publications and Papers
- "How did Japan cope with COVID-19? Big Data and purchasing behavior" RIETI Discussion Paper, 20-J-037, 2020 (with KONISHI Yoko, ISHIKAWA Toshiki, KANAI Hajime and IGEI Noya) (In Japanese).
- "Energy Saving and Price Fluctuation of Home Appliances: Hedonic Regression by Panel Data (1996-2019) " RIETI Discussion Paper, 20-J-018, 2020 (with KONISHI Yoko and ISHIKAWA Toshiki) (In Japanese).
- "What Japanese Tourism Amenities are Most Influential in Terms of Demand from Inbound Tourists?" RIETI Discussion Paper, 20-J-014, 2020 (with KONISHI Yoko) (In Japanese).
- "Measuring the Willingness to Pay and Implicit Discount Rates for High-efficiency Refrigerators: Evidence from the Japan retail market" RIETI Discussion Paper, 18-J-023, 2018 (with KONISHI Yoko and ISHIKAWA Toshiki) (In Japanese).
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- "How did Japan Cope with COVID-19?: Big Data and Purchasing Behavior," Asian Economic Papers, 20, no. 1, 146-167, 2021, (with KONISHI Yoko, ISHIKAWA Toshiki, KANAI Hajime and IGEI Noya) https://doi.org/10.1162/asep_a_00797
- "Total Factor Productivity Changes in Japanese Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in 1982–2016: Suggestive Indications of an IT Revolution?" Asian Economic Papers, 19, no.3, 21-37 ,2020, (with KONISHI Yoko)