International Politics in East Asia
- Studies on Transformations of International Systems and their Impact on Japan's Mid- & Long-term Competitiveness （January 18, 2021 - December 31, 2023）
2009 Ph.D. (Law), the University of Tokyo
2004 LL.M., the University of Tokyo
2019 – Associate Professor, the University of Tokyo
2018 Professor, Kanagawa University
2014 Visiting Associate Professor, Shorestein-APARC, Stanford University
2010 Associate Professor, Kanagawa University
2009 Postdoctoral Fellow, Australian National University
2007 Assistant Professor, the University of Tokyo
Selected Publications and Papers
- In a Search for Coexistence: the United States and Two Chinas during the Cold War (Tokyo: Keiso, 2015) (Japanese)
- East Asian Order After the End of the Cold War (Tokyo, Keiso, 2020) (editor; Japanese)
- Looking for Leadership: The Dilemma of Political Leadership in Japan (Tokyo and New York: Japan Center for International Exchange, 2015) (editor)
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- "Japan's Strategy amid US-China Confrontation," China International Strategy Review, vol.2. no.2 (2020). http://doi.org/10.1007/s42533-020-00061-9
- E. Goh and R. Sahashi* "Worldviews on the United States, alliances, and the changing International Order," Contemporary Politics, 26:4 (2020), 371-383, https://doi.org/10.1080/13569775.2020.1777044
- R. Sahashi and T. Satake* "Rise of China and Japan's 'vision' for free and open Indo-Pacific," Journal of Contemporary China, (2020), https://doi.org/10.1080/10670564.2020.1766907
- "Japan: Making Order and Stability in Free and Open Indo Pacific" CSCAP Reginal Security Outlook, 2021, 17-19.
- "American Power in Japanese Security Strategy,” in Andrew O'Neil and Michael Heazle (eds.), China's Rise and Australia–Japan–US Relations Primacy and Leadership in East Asia, London: Edward Elger, 2018, pp.143-166. https://doi.org/10.4337/9781788110938.00016
- "Japan-Taiwan Relations since 2008: An Evolving, Practical, Non-Strategic Partnership," Jean-Pierre Cabestan and Jacques deLisle (eds.), Political Changes in Taiwan under Ma Ying-jeou: Partisan conflict, policy choices, external constraints and security challenges, London and New York: Routledge, 2014, pp.232-246.
- "The rise of China and the transformation of Asia-Pacific security architecture," William T. Tow and Brendan Taylor (eds.), Contending Cooperation: Bilateralism, Multilateralism, and Asia-Pacific Security, London and New York: Routledge, 2013, pp.135-156.
- "Security Arrangements in the Asia-Pacific: a Three-Tier Approach," William T. Tow and Rikki Kerstain (eds.), Bilateral Perspectives on Regional Security: Australia, Japan and the Asia-Pacific Region, New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2012, pp.214-240.