Environmental and Energy Economics, Climate Change Policy, Disaster Management
2017 Ph.D. in Engineering, Kyushu University
2013 M.A. in Environmental Studies, Tohoku University
2011 B.A. in Economics, Soka University
2020 - present Fellow, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI)
2017 - 2020 Junior Researcher (Assistant Professor), RIEEM, Waseda University
2016 - 2017 Research Assistant, RIETI
2014 - 2016 Research Fellowship for Young Scientists (DC2), Japan Society for Promotion of Science
Selected Publications and Papers
- "Climate policy in the commercial sector: A survey of commercial buildings in Japan" with Toshi H Arimura, Ch. 2 In: T.H. Arimura and S. Matsumoto (eds) Carbon Pricing in Japan. Economics, Law, and Institutions in Asia Pacific. Springer. 2021.
- "How much household electricity consumption is actually saved by replacement with Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs)?" with Shigeru Matsumoto and Toshi H Arimura, Economic Analysis and Policy, Vol. 68, 224–238, 2020.
- "Measuring household ability to adopt new technology: The case of light-emitting diodes (LEDs)" with Shigeru Matsumoto, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 277, 123323, 2020.
- "Household preparedness for natural disasters: Impact of disaster experience and implications for future disaster risks in Japan" with Kong Joo Shin and Shunsuke Managi, International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, Vol. 21, 148–158, 2017.
- "Reduction of future disaster damages by learning from disaster experiences" with Kong Joo Shin and Shunsuke Managi, Natural Hazards, Vol. 87, No. 3, 1435–1452, 2017.