Japanese Politics, Electoral Systems, Voting Behavior
2010 Ph.D. in Political Science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2005 M.A. in Political Science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2001 LL.M., University of Tokyo
1999 Bachelor of Law, University of Tokyo
2015 Professor, Graduate School of Law, Tohoku University
2015-2017 Visiting Scholar, Department of Political Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison
2013 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Law, Tohoku University
2010 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of International Relations, International University of Japan
Selected Publications and Papers
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- Yoshikuni Ono (2017). "The Perceptions of Local Political Actors after Natural Disasters: The Effects of Japan's 3/11 Disasters on Local Politics." Risk, Hazards & Crisis in Public Policy 8 (4): 335-355.
- Barry Burden, Yoshikuni Ono, and Masahiro Yamada (2017). "Reassessing Public Support for a Female President." The Journal of Politics 79 (3): 1073-1078.
- Daniel Aldrich and Yoshikuni Ono (2016). "Local Politicians as Linking Social Capital: An Empirical Test of Political Behavior after Japan's 3/11 Disasters." Natural Hazards 84 (3): 1637-1659.
- Yoshikuni Ono (2015). "Personal Attributes of Legislators and Parliamentary Behavior: An Analysis of Parliamentary Activities among Japanese Legislators." Japanese Journal of Political Science 16 (1): 69-96.
- Yoshikuni Ono (2012). "Portfolio Allocation as Leadership Strategy: Intraparty Bargaining in Japan." American Journal of Political Science 56 (3): 553-567.