International Economics, Transport Economics, Environmental Economics, Japanese Economy
2011 Ph.D. in Economics, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics, Crawford School of Public Policy, Australian National University
2008 M.A.in Economics, Nagoya University
2005 B.A. in Commerce, Meiji University
2017 - Associate Professor, School of Policy Studies, Kwansei Gakuin University
2014 - 2017 Assistant Professor, School of Policy Studies, Kwansei Gakuin University
2013 - 2014 Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)
Selected Publications and Papers
- Best, Rohan., Burke, Paul J. & Nishitateno, Shuhei, 2019, "Understanding the Determinants of Rooftop Solar Installation: Evidence from Household Surveys in Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, vol. 59, pages 1-18.
- Nishitateno, Shuhei & Shikata, Masato, 2017, "Has Improved Daycare Accessibility Increased Japan's Maternal Employment Rate? Municipal Evidence from 2000-2010," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, vol. 44, pages 67-77.
- Burke, Paul J. & Nishitateno, Shuhei, 2015, "Gasoline Prices and Road Fatalities: International Evidence," Economic Inquiry, vol. 53, pages 1437-1450.
- Nishitateno, Shuhei, 2015, "Network Effects on Trade in Intermediate Goods: Evidence from the Automobile Industry," Japanese Economic Review, vol. 66, pages 354-370.
- Nishitateno, Shuhei, 2013, "Global Production Sharing and FDI-Trade Nexus: New Evidence from the Japanese Automobile Industry," Journal of Japanese and International Economies, vol. 27, pages 64-80.
- Burke, Paul J. & Nishitateno, Shuhei, 2013, "Gasoline prices, gasoline consumption, and new-vehicle fuel economy: Evidence for a large sample of countries," Energy Economics, vol. 36, pages 363-370.