Economic thought, Market analysis, Public Finance, Personnel economics
1986 B.A., Law, The University of Tokyo
2020 – present Senior Principal Researcher Daiwa Institute of Research
2017 Chief Executive Director, San Francisco Office, Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
2015 Vice President and Director-General, General Affairs Headquarters, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
2014 Director-General, General Coordination and Policy Planning Department, Kansai Bureau of Economy, Trade and Industry, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)
2012 Senior Manager, Personnel Department, NIDEC CORPORATION (On METI's Personnel Exchange Programme)
2011 Director of Research, RIETI
2010 Director of Vehicle Division, METI
2008 Director for Planning, Financial Services Agency
Selected Publications and Papers
- "Handotai Shuseki Kairo Haichiho [Act on the Circuit Layout of a Semiconductor Integrated Circuits]," in Nobuo Monya, ed., 1998, Chiteki Zaisanken towa Nanika [What are Intellectual Property Rights?] , Yuhikaku Publishing Co., Ltd.
- "Kankoku—Mamori kara Seme e [Korea—From Defense to Offense]," in Toyojiro Maruya ed., November 2001, Meido in Chaina no Shogeki [The Impact of Made in China] , JETRO.
- "Kankoku ga Mada Damena Wake [Reasons for Korea's Failure]," Shokun, April 2001.
- "Kim Dae Jung Daitoryo no Kozokaikaku-Seisaku [President Kim Dae Jung's Policies for Structural Reform]," Toa, June 2002.
- "Dareno Tame, Nanno Tameno FTA ka [For Whom and for What Purpose are FTAs Intended?]," Ronza, April 2005.
- "Kinyu ADR-ho Gaisetsu [Overview of the ADR System for Financial Services]," Shojihomu, March 2011.
- "Kinyu ADR Tanjo Hiwa [Inside Story Behind the Establishment of the ADR System for Financial Services]," in Kinyu ADR no Houri to Jitsumu [Jurisprudence and Practice of the ADR System for Financial Services] , Kinyuzaiseijijo, 2011.