Labor Economics, Migration, Wage, Human Capital, Labor Market
- Empirical studies on issues of foreign employment and technology progress in a society with a persistent labor shortage (September 1, 2020 - August 31, 2023)
- Empirical Studies on Employment, Migration, and Family Issues of Foreigners in Japan (March 26, 2018 - February 29, 2020)
- RIETI Data Management Project (April 1, 2015 -)
2012 Ph.D., Economics, Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University
2009 M.S., Economics, Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University
2006 Majored in Economics and Japanese, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
2015 - Present Adjunct Research Fellow, Center for East Asian Economic Studies, Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University
2014 - Present Fellow, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI)
2012 - 2015 Visiting Researcher, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University
2013 Lecturer (part-time), Faculty of Economics, Setsunan University
2012 Researcher, Asia Pacific Institute of Research (APIR)
2012 Lecturer (part-time), Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University
2011 Research Assistant (part-time), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Research Institute
Selected Publications and Papers
- China's Urban Labor Market: A Structural Econometric Approach, Kyoto University Press & Hong Kong University Press, 2013.
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- "Job creation and destruction in Japan: Evidence from division-level employment data" Journal of Asian Economics, Vol.58, pp.59-71, 2018.
- "Role of Individual Social Capital in Wage Determination: Evidence from China." Asian Economic Journal, Vol.31, No.3, pp.239-252, 2017.
- "Job Search and Labor Market Outcomes of New Graduates in China: Using the Latest Available Survey Data," Review of Economics & Finance, Vol.7, No.1, pp.66-79, 2017.
- "Labor Market Matching and Unemployment in Urban China," China Economic Review, Vol.24, pp.108-128, 2013.
- "Job and Worker Reallocation in China," The Chinese Economy, Vol.46, No.5, pp.50-68, 2013.
- "Does Internal Immigration Always Lead to Urban Unemployment in Emerging Economies?: A Structural Approach Based on Data From China," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Vol.53, No.1, pp.85-105, 2012.
- "An Econometric Model of Disequilibrium Unemployment in Urban China," Tokegaku (Statistics), No.101, pp.17-29, 2011.
- "Labor Market Matching with Heterogeneous Job Seekers in China," Economics Bulletin, Vol.31 No.3, pp.1980-1992. 2011.
- Book award, the 30th Masayoshi Ohira Memorial Prize, 2014 (China's Urban Labor Market: A Structural Econometric Approach, Kyoto University Press & Hong Kong University Press, 2013.)