Urban Economics, Analysis of Real Estate Prices, REITs, Policy and Institutions for Innovation
2008 Ph.D. in Economics, Osaka University
1998 M. Sc. in Regional and Urban Planning Studies, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
1986 Bachelor of Law, University of Tokyo
2018 Chief Economist for Infrastructure Policy, Policy Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transportation
2014 Professor, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies
2012 Director for Infrastructure, Social and Economic System, Cabinet Office
2010 Director, Construction Research and Statistics Office, Policy Bureau, MLIT
2008 Director, Development Promotion Office, National and Regional Planning Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT)
2005 Associate Professor, Social and Economic Research, Osaka University
Selected Publications and Papers
- An Economic Analysis of Compact City and Urban Residence, Tokyo: Nippon Hyoronsha, February 2017.
- An Economic Analysis of Financial Market of Housing Loan and Real Estate, Tokyo: Nippon Hyoronsha, February 2008.
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- "The Effect of Compact City on Cities Budget – The analysis by standard distance," Urban Housing Science 95, pp.142-150, October 2016.
- "The Analysis of Mortgage Prepayment, Refinancing and Delay of Payment," Urban Housing Science 58, pp.66-75, July 2007.
- "Estimating Mortgage Choice and Demand for Housing: The Effect of Risk Aversion and Interest Rates," Japanese Journal of Real Estate Science 80, pp.94-103, June 2007.
- "Regional Crime Rates and Its Influence on Land Prices," JCER Economic Journal 56, pp. 70-91, March 2007.