International Public Policy, Regional Economy, Urban Policy, Real Estate Studies, etc.
2021 Ph.D., the University of Tokyo
2001 M. in Urban Policy and Urban Planning, Harvard University, US
1994 Bachelor of Law, Keio University
2020 Director for Economic, Fiscal, and Social System, Cabinet Office
2018 Director, Urban Administration Department, Kanto Regional Bureau, MLIT
2014 Director, Real Estate Investment Market Office, Land Economy and Construction Industries Bureau, MLIT
2013 Counselor for Policy Planning Coordination, Road Bureau, MLIT
2011 Chief Coordinator for Real Estate Policies, Real Estate Division, MLIT
2010 Secretary to the Vice Minister of MLIT
2006 Director, Policy Coordination & Business Innovation Division, Chiba Prefecture
2001 Deputy Director, Administration Division, Road Transport Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT)
1998 Chief, Land Use Policy Division, Land Bureau, National Land Agency (NLA)
1996 Chief, Toll Road Division, Road Bureau, MOC
1994 Joined Ministry of Construction (MOC)
Selected Publications and Papers
- A Study on Transnational Private Regulations for Sustainable Urban Development, Ph.D. Thesis, Graduate School of Public Policy, The University of Tokyo, 2021.
- Real Estate Studies, Toyo Keizai Press, 2018 (co-edited with Yasushi Asami, Chihiro Shimizu, Masayuki Nakagawa, Hiroshi Matsuo)
- "Aging Population and Healthcare REITs: A Comparative Study of Japan and Singapore," 25th Annual European Real Estate Society Conference, Reading University, UK, 2018.
- "Brownfield Revitalization Policies in the United States and its Implications Toward the Productive Use of Potentially Contaminated Sites in Japan," Asian Real Estate Society Conference, 2018.
- "Public Private Partnership for Sustainable Property Investment - Voluntary Sustainability Standards for Environmental, Social and Governance," 95th GSDM Platform Seminar International Symposium, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo, 2018.