Internatoinal economics and data science
- Competitiveness of Japanese Firms: Causes and Effects of the Productivity Dynamics (April 15, 2013 - March 31, 2015)
- Determinants of the Productivity Gap among Firms in Japan (April 19, 2011 - March 31, 2013)
2002 Ph.D., Economics, Keio University, Japan
1996 B.A.,Economics, Keio University, Japan
2016 - present Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Keio University
2013 - present Professor, Keio Economic Observatory, Keio University
2007 - 2013 Associate Professor, International Graduate School of Social Sciences and Faculty of Business Administration, Yokohama National University
2003 - 2007 Associate Professor, Faculty of Business Administration, Yokohama National University
2001 - 2003 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Business Administration, Yokohama National University
Selected Publications and Papers
- "The Effect of Moving to a Territorial Tax System on Profit Repatriation: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Public Economics, 153: 92-110, September 2017 (with Makoto Hasegawa).
- "International Productivity Gaps and the Export Status of Firms: Evidence from France and Japan," European Economic Review, 70: 56-74, August 2014 (with Flora Bellone, Toshiyuki Matsuura, Patrick Musso, and Lionel Nesta).
- "A Many-cone World?" Journal of International Economics, 86: 345-354, March 2012.
- Kojima Kiyoshi Prize (Kojima Kiyoshi Kenkyu Shorei Sho) from the Japan Society of International Economics, October 2020
- Ishikawa Prize (Ishikawa Sho) from the Japanese Economic Association, June 2017
- Nikkei Prize for Excellent Books in Economic Science (Nikkei Keizai Tosho Bunka Sho) from Nikkei and the Japan Center for Economic Research, November 2015
- Oda Prize (Oda Sho) from the Japan Society of International Economics, October 2013