Economic Growth, Productivity Analysis, Trade and Development
- Service Differentiation and Productivity: Productivity analysis based on a monopolistic competition model (June 23, 2008 - June 3, 2010)
2007 PhD in Economics, University of Essex U.K.
2000 MSc in Economics, University of London (SOAS) U.K.
1998 MA degree in Economics, Waseda University
1996 BA degree in Economics, Waseda University
Selected Publications and Papers
- "Does Export Yield Productivity and Markup Premiums? Evidence from the Japanese manufacturing industries," International Review of Research in Emerging Markets and the Global Economy, Vol. 1 (1), 273-285, 2015.
- "Effects of Exchange Rate Changes on East Asian Technology-Intensive Exports," The Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, Vol. 24(6), 809-821, 2015.
- "Markups, Productivity and External Market Development of the Service SMEs" (with Naomi Kodama), Applied Economics, Vol. 46 (29), 3601-3608, 2014.
- "Productivity, Returns to Scale and Product Differentiation in the Retail Trade Industry: An empirical analysis using Japanese firm-level data," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Vol. 38 (3), 345-353, 2012.
- "The Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Japanese Consumption Exports" (with Willem Thorbecke), Japan and the World Economy, Vol.24 (1), 64-71, 2012.
- "Income Convergence, Productivity Growth, and Trade in China," Ph.D. Thesis, University of Essex, 2007.