Policy and Institutions for Innovation, Rulemaking, Global Governance
2016 Master of Science in Public Policy and Human Development, Maastricht University/United Nations University-Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT), Netherlands
2014 Master of Laws (LL.M.), New York University School of Law, United States
2007 Bachelor of Laws, University of Tokyo, Japan
2020 Deputy Director, Secretariat of the Headquarters for Digital Market Competition, Cabinet Secretariat, Japanese Government
2019 Deputy Director, International Policy Division, Japan Patent Office
2017 Deputy Director, Policy Planning and Coordination Division, Manufacturing Bureau
2015 Deputy Director, International Standardization Division, Industrial Science and Technology Policy and Environmental Bureau
2013 Long-term Overseas Fellow, National Personnel Authority
2011 Deputy Director, Research and Development Division, Industrial Science and Technology Policy and Environmental Bureau
2011 Temporary Staff Member of Okuma City, Fukushima Prefecture (home to Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant)
2009 Assistant Director, Media and Content Industry Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau
2007 Joined METI. Official, Trade Finance and Economic Cooperation Division, Trade and Economic Cooperation Bureau
Selected Publications and Papers
- "Global Rulemaking Strategy for Implementing Emerging Innovation: Case of Medical/Healthcare Robot, HAL by Cyberdyne," Yoko Ikeda & Michiko Iizuka, RIETI Policy Discussion Paper 19-P-016, October 2019.
- "Regulation and innovation under Industry 4.0: Case of medical/healthcare robot, HAL by Cyberdyne," Michiko Iizuka & Yoko Ikeda, UNU-MERIT Working Paper 2019-038, September 2019.
- Megaregulation Contested: Global Economic Ordering After TPP, Kingsbury, Benedict, et al., eds (Coauthor, Japan chapter), Oxford University Press, 2019.
- "What Sapiens Suggests on Rulemaking and Innovation," RIETI Column, November 2019.
- "The New Role of Standards under Technological Transformation: A case of Cyberdyne's Institutional Arbitration," International Schumpeter Society, South Korea, 2018.
Other (Media appearance etc.)
- "The Ministry of Industry prepares human resources to fulfil the needs of Japanese industry," Antara (Indonesian national news agency), 15th March 2019.