Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, Intellectual Property Rights and Innovation, and Market Quality Economics
- Social Scientific Studies on Self-replicating Natural and Technical Phenomenon (July 20, 2020 - June 30, 2022)
- Evidence-based Policy Study on the Law and Economics of Market Quality (March 12, 2018 - February 29, 2020)
2005 Ph.D., Economics, Yokohama National University
2002 M.A., Economics, Yokohama National University
2000 B.A., Economics, Keio University
2020.4 Professor, Faculty of Economics, Aichi University
2017 Professor, School of Economics, Chukyo University
2010 Associate Professor, School of Economics, Chukyo University
2008 Tenured Lecturer, School of Economics, Chukyo University
2006 Postdoctoral Fellow, Keio University
Selected Publications and Papers
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- Inflation, Unemployment and Economic Growth in a Schumpeterian Economy (with Angus C. Chu, Guido Cozzi, and Haichao Fan), Scandinavian Journal of Economics, forthcoming.
- Innovation and Inequality in a Monetary Schumpeterian Model with Heterogeneous Households and Firms (with Angus C. Chu, Guido Cozzi, Haichao Fan, and Chih-Hsing Liao), Review of Economic Dynamics 34, 141–164, October 2019.
- Inflation and Innovation in a Schumpeterian Economy with North-South Technology Transfer (with Angus C. Chu, Guido Cozzi, and Chih-Hsing Liao), Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking 51, 683–720, March 2019.
- "Inflation and Economic Growth in a Schumpeterian Model with Endogenous Entry of Heterogeneous Firms" (with Angus C. Chu, Guido Cozzi, and Chih-Hsing Liao), European Economic Review 98, 392–409, September 2017.
- "Leapfrogging Cycles in International Competition," Economic Theory 59, 401–433, June 2015.
- "Effects of Economic Development in China on Skill-Biased Technical Change in the US" (with Angus C. Chu and Guido Cozzi), Review of Economic Dynamics 18, 227–242, April 2015.
- "Market Quality and Market Infrastructure in the South and Technology Diffusion" (with Makoto Yano), International Journal of Economic Theory 10, 139–146, February 2014.
- "Intellectual Property Protection and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship," Economics Letters 109, 99–101, November 2010.
- "The Protection of Intellectual Property Rights and Endogenous Growth: Is Stronger Always Better?" Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 31, 3644–3670, November 2007.
Invited Professor: Paris-Dauphine University, 2016 (Nov), 2017 (May, Dec), 2018 (Mar)
Visiting Researcher: Simon Fraser University, 2012-2014, 2015 (summer)
Invited Ph.D. Committee Member For
Antonio Manuel Dias Neto, "Growth and (Un)employment, A Comprehensive Analysis Combining Labour Market Institutions, Technology, and Monetary Policy," March, 2016. (Faculty of Economics, University of Porto). (Also, served as a Main Discussant.)