Mr. Vincent DUFOUR’s presentation will mainly cover material on the following two topics.
1) The European Union’s ETS, on the road to maturity, from phase 1 to phase 4: giving value to CO2 through a single system at the European level.
2) EDF views on carbon pricing and the EU ETS system: from a burden to an opportunity for European businesses.
- Time and Date: 12:15-13:15, Thursday, June 23, 2022
- Venue: Online
- Language: English
- Admission: Free
- Hosts: Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI)
- Contact: Ms. Baba, Conference Section
E-mail *If the "Send by mailer" button does not work, please copy the address into your email "send to" field and connect the prefix and the suffix of the address with an "@", sending it normally.
- Speaker: Vincent DUFOUR (Senior Vice President Japan & Korea, EDF International)
Vincent Dufour is Senior Vice President Japan and Korea for EDF Group based in Tokyo since January 2020. From 2015 to 2019, he was EDF Group Director for European Affairs in Brussels after having been Director for European Policies and Senior advisor in charge of infrastructure and gas issues (2012-2015). During this period, he has been acting as EDF’s interface with the European institutions and notably, DG ENERGY and DG COMPETITION on energy and competition issues. He has led various lobbying initiatives/coalitions related to the EU carbon market (EU ETS) and the deregulation of European energy markets (notably on Infrastructure, Clean mobility and Clean Energy packages).
Prior to this, Vincent Dufour has held several positions at GDF SUEZ (now Engie), being Audit Director of the Energy France Branch and advisor to the Director of Human resources on international human resources. From 2003 to 2007 he was Head of Communication and Human Resources of a business unit running distribution grids (EDF DSO) in the Centre of France.
After graduating from Sciences Po Paris, earning Masters’ degree in international relations from the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne and a specialization in project management and development, he has started his career at EDF in 1994, helding various positions in Milan, Stockholm, and Tokyo, cooperating with French embassies (namely “Invest in France Agencies”) in assisting foreign investors to set up and expand innovative and electro-intensive businesses in France.
In August 2020, Vincent Dufour has been appointed “French Foreign Trade Advisor” (« Conseiller du Commerce extérieur ») by decree signed by the French Prime Minister.
- Commentator: TANABE Yasuo (Consulting Fellow, RIETI / Managing Director, EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation)
- Moderator: YAMADA Satoshi (Director for International Projects Promotion, Trade Promotion Division, Trade and Economic Cooperation Bureau, METI)