As the global economy faces a significant shift, the White Paper on International Economy and Trade to be published in the beginning of July focuses on the expansion of digital trade, economic growth in emerging and developing countries and issues caused by its growth, and rapid changes in the Chinese economy. The White Paper also points out the necessity of development of free, fair and high-level trade rules and further actions for revitalization of Japanese industries. The editor will introduce the outline of this year's White Paper.
- Time and Date: 12:15-13:30, Thursday, July 12, 2018 (Registration desk and seminar room open at 12:00)
- Venue: 1-3-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, RIETI's seminar room #1121 (METI Annex 11th floor)
- Language(s): Japanese
- Admission: Free
- Host(s): Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI)
- Contact: RIETI Ms. TAKEKAWA (
Online Registration is now closed.
We are no longer accepting registrations as the number of registrants has reached the seating capacity.
- Speaker: YADA Haruyuki (Director, Policy Planning and Research Office,Trade Policy Bureau, METI)
- Moderator: ZHANG Hongyong (Fellow, RIETI)
*Agenda is subject to change