Purpose of use of images
The Research Institute for Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI) records symposiums using both still and video cameras as part of its efforts to document and disseminate the content of the symposiums. RIETI exercises great caution in protecting the personal information of participants when taking photographs and video recording. The following explains how RIETI handles personal information obtained in the course of documenting symposiums. Please be aware of these points prior to attending such events.
Definition of personal information subject to our policy
- Photographs taken with a still camera (hereafter called photographs)
- Images and sounds taken with a video camera (hereafter called videos)
Purpose of using personal information
- RIETI publishes the information on the RIETI website (in the case of photographs of the venue and the discussions)
- RIETI releases publishes in written and video form the proceedings of symposiums on the RIETI website (in the case of live video feed and on-demand distribution)
In addition, RIETI may also use the photographs and videos in pamphlets and presentation materials for public relations purposes.
Information that may be recorded
- Participants' names and affiliations
- Participants' portraits and voices
A person's name and affiliation may be recorded on video if he or she mentions them when speaking, such as during question-and-answer sessions.
Also, a person may be photographed or recorded on video tape at close range as a photographic technique.
How the information is collected
- Photography and/or videotaping
- Audio recording
All photographs and videotapes are edited before release, and any materials that are not used are destroyed after the editing process is completed.
Who has access to the information?
- The information may be viewed by people who access the RIETI website, as well as by people who read RIETI public relations magazines.
RIETI provides the information with the aim of allowing people to view it, but it does not actively restrict users from downloading (copying the website content) the information.
For further information, please contact
RIETI Administration Group staff in charge of information disclosure and personal information protection
- Room 1138, 11th Floor, Annex, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry 1-3-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8901
- Office hours:
- Monday through Friday, 9:30 - 12:15, 13:00 - 17:30
(Except for national holidays and May 1 which is the foundation day of RIETI)