1990年 美国马里兰大学经济学学士学位,(College Park, Maryland).
学位论文题目：Government Deficit Financing Methods and Their Effect on Capital Accumulation and Economic Growth.
论文指导教授：Louis J. Maccini, Masahiro Kawai与Francois Velde
- The Global Economic Effect of Asian Currency Devaluations: Policy Analyses in International Economics 56, With Marcus Noland, and Sherman Robinson, Institute for International Economics (Washington DC), July 1998.
- "A Structural and Macroeconomic Approach to RMB's Valuation," Journal of China and World Economy, January-February Issue, 2004, pp11-20.
- "How Do Global Credit Rating Agencies Rate Firms from Developing Countries?" with Giovanni Ferri, Asian Economic Papers: 2003, 2:3.
- "Determinants of International Commercial Lending to Developing Countries," with Masahiro Kawai (forthcoming, Journal of Japanese and International Economies).
- "Assessing the Effort of Rating Agencies in Emerging Economies: Some Empirical Evidence" with Giovanni Ferri, Journal of European Finance (forthcoming).
- "How the Proposed Basel Guidelines on Rating-Agency Assessments Would Affect Developing Countries?" with Giovanni Ferri, Journal of Banking and Finance (25) 1, 2001, pp115-148.
- "The China Money Puzzle: Will a Devaluation of the Yuan Help or Hurt the Hong Kong Dollar?" with Shang-Jin Wei and Wing Thy Woo, China Economic Review, 2000, pp171-188.
- "Are Credit Ratings Pro-cyclical? Evidence from East Asian Countries," with Giovanni Ferri and Joseph E. Stiglitz, Economic Notes, Vol. 28, no.3, 1999, pp335-355.
- "The Economics of Korean Unification," with Marcus Noland and Sherman Robinson, Journal of Policy Reform Vol. 3, 1999, pp255-299.
- "Opening China's Bond Market: Catalyst to Further Reform and A Jumpstart to the Stalled WTO Accession Negotiations," with Edward M. Graham, Journal of World Trade, Vol. 32 (4) August, 1998, pp5-19.
- "Calibrating the Costs (and Benefits) of Korean Unification," with Marcus Noland and Sherman Robinson, 1998, in Korean Economic Integration, Edited by M. Noland, Washington, DC: Institute for International Economics.
- "Telecommunications in the Andean Countries: the Role of Foreign Capital," with Carlos Braga and Volker Ziegler, 1998, in The Andean Community and the United States: Trade and Investment Relations in the 1990s, Edited by Miguel Mendoza, Patricia Correa and Barbara Kotschwar, Washington DC: Organization of American States.
- Post-Crisis Development Paradigms in Asia, with M. Yoshitomi and ADBI Staff, Asian Development Bank Institute, March 2003.
- Policy Proposals for Sequencing the PRC's Domestic and External Financial Liberalization, with James Chan-Lee and Masaru Yoshitomi, Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo, October 2002.
- East Asia: Recovery and Beyond, May 2000, World Bank, Washington DC.
- "Government Guarantees Behind Banks: International Evidence from the Moody's Ratings," George Mason University, April, 2004.
- "Can Chinese Provinces Issue Debt? A Credit Rating Approach to Chinese Provinces' Credit Worthiness," George Mason University, May, 2003.
- "Is there an FDI diversion from the ASEAN to China: Some empirical evidence" ADB Institute, August. 2003.
- "Sequencing China's Banking Sector Reform after the WTO: Options and Strategies," March, 2002, Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo.
- "Beyond Sequencing: A Risk Management Approach to Financial Liberalization," Feb. 2002, Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo.
- "Hong Kong and Singapore: Financial Policies amid a Regional Crisis," with Yuzuru Ozeki, Internal World Bank Report, June 1999, EASPR, The World Bank.
- "Asian Competitive Devaluation," with Marcus Noland, Sherman Robinson, and Zhi Wang, Working Paper Series, 98-2, Institute for International Economics.