International Economics, R&D, Innovation
2009 Ph.D., Economics, Keio University
2004 M.A., Economics, Keio University
2002 B.A., Economics, Keio University
2016 Department of Economics, College of Economics, Aoyama Gakuin University
2009 - 2014 Fellow (Adjunct), RIETI
2009 Department of International Economics, School of Economics, Senshu University
2007 Research Fellow, the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science / Visiting Scholar, RIETI
2005 Research Associate, Global Security Research Institute, Keio University
Selected Publications and Papers
- "Does electoral competition affect politicians' trade policy preferences? Evidence from Japan," Public Choice, vol.165(3), pp.239-261. 2016.
- "External R&D, Productivity, and Export: Evidence from Japanese firms,"(with Ayumu Tanaka), forthcoming in Review of World Economics, issue 2, 2016.
- "Does Agglomeration Promote the Internationalization of Chinese Firms?," (with Zhaoyuan Xu and Naomitsu Yashiro), China Economic Review, vol. 34, pp. 109-121, 2015.
- "Offshore Outsourcing and Non-production Workers: Firm-level Relationships Disaggregated by Skills and Suppliers," (with Eiichi Tomiura and Ryuhei Wakasugi), The World Economy, vol.36, pp.180-193, 2013.
- "How Do Chinese Industries Benefit from FDI Spillovers?," (with Naomitsu Yashiro, Zhaoyuan Xu, XiaoHong Chen, and Ryuhei Wakasugi), China Economic Review, vol. 23(2), pp. 342-356, 2012.
- "Offshore Outsourcing and Productivity: Evidence from Japanese Firm‐level Data Disaggregated by Tasks," (with Eiichi Tomiura & Ryuhei Wakasugi), Review of International Economics, vol. 19(3), pp. 555-567, 2011.
- "Offshore Outsourcing Decision and Capital Intensity: Firm‐Level Relationships," (with Eiichi Tomiura & Ryuhei Wakasugi), Economic Inquiry, vol. 49(2), pp. 364-378, 2011.
- "Productivity Premia of Offshoring Firms in East Asia: Evidence from Japanese firms," (with Ryuhei Wakasugi and Eiichi Tomiura), Millennial Asia, Vol.1, 2010.
- "The Effects of Stronger Intellectual Property Rights on Technology Transfer: Evidence from Japanese Firm-level Data," (with Ryuhei Wakasugi), The Journal of Technology Transfer, vol. 34(2), pp. 145-158, 2009.
- "Offshoring and Trade in East Asia: A Statistical Analysis," (with Ryuhei Wakasugi and Eiichi Tomiura), Asian Economic Papers, vol. 7(3), pp. 101-124, 2008.
- "Intra-firm Technology Transfer and R&D in Foreign Affiliates: Substitutes or Complements? Evidence from Japanese Multinational Firms," (with Rene Belderbos and Ryuhei Wakasugi), Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, vol. 22(3), pp. 310-319, 2008.
- "What Factors Determine the Mode of Overseas R&D by Multinationals? Empirical Evidence," (with Ryuhei Wakasugi), Research Policy, vol. 36(8), pp. 1275-1287, 2007.
- "Who Develops Innovations in Medicine for The Poor? Trends in Patent Applications Related to Medicines for HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, and Neglected Diseases," (with Tatsufumi Yamagata), The Developing Economies, vol. 45(2), pp. 141-171, 2007.