ICTSD and the World Economic Forum will provide an overview of the Report and highlight policy options of relevance to Japan.
Elements contained in the report include the 17 policy option papers offering a detailed and comprehensive set of suggestions for improved governance of the global trade and investment system in the 21st century; and a Synthesis Report, interpreting the significance of the proposals for progress on many of the international community's most important shared imperatives.
Read the full policy option papers and Synthesis Report at www.e15initiative.org.
E15 Interactive Tool:
Access and engage with the 150 E15 think pieces and overview papers
The E15 Initiative was established to convene world-class experts and institutions to generate strategic analysis and recommendations for government, business and civil society geared towards strengthening the global trade and investment system for sustainable development.
- Time and Date: 12:15-13:30, Wednesday, July 13, 2016
- Venue: 1-3-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, RIETI's seminar room #1121 (METI Annex 11th floor)
- Language(s): English
- Admission: Free
- Host(s): Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI), Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO), World Economic Forum (WEF), International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD)
- Seating Capacity: 150
- Contact: RIETI MARUTAKE (
Online Registration is now closed.
Speakers (in order of appearance)
- Speaker: Ricardo MELÉNDEZ-ORTIZ (Chief Executive, ICTSD)
- Speaker: Sean DOHERTY (Head of International Trade & Investment, WEF)
- Speaker: Jonathan FRIED (Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Canada to the World Trade Organization (WTO))
- Commentator: TAMURA Akihiko (Former Senior Fellow, RIETI)
- Moderator: NAKATOMI Michitaka (Consulting Fellow, RIETI / Special Advisor to JETRO)
*Agenda is subject to change