Internatoinal economics, development economics and industrial organization
- Competitiveness of Japanese Firms: Causes and Effects of the Productivity Dynamics (April 15, 2013 - March 31, 2015)
- Determinants of the Productivity Gap among Firms in Japan (April 19, 2011 - March 31, 2013)
2002 Ph.D., Economics, Keio University, Japan
1996 B.A.,Economics, Keio University, Japan
2013 - present Professor, Keio Economic Observatory, Keio University
2007 - 2013 Associate Professor, International Graduate School of Social Sciences and Faculty of Business Administration, Yokohama National University
2003 - 2007 Associate Professor, Faculty of Business Administration, Yokohama National University
2001 - 2003 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Business Administration, Yokohama National University
Selected Publications and Papers
- "International Productivity Gaps and the Export Status of Firms: Evidence from France and Japan," European Economic Review, 70: 56-74, August 2014 (with Flora Bellone, Toshiyuki Matsuura, Patrick Musso, and Lionel Nesta).
- "A Many-cone World?" Journal of International Economics, 86: 345-354, March 2012.
- "Industrial Policy Cuts Two Ways: Evidence from Cotton Spinning Firms in Japan, 1956-1964," Journal of Law and Economics, 53: 587-609, August 2010 (with Tetsuji Okazaki).
2006-Present Associate Editor, Asian Economic Journal